1. OpenEuphoria Survey 2023

Time for another survey! I've got a lot of ideas floating around and I could use some help prioritizing the order of things.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSecar5T7_wDKkn2oG1yTPC3twBM6G5FtkR2BrMjOWlUUcdDyw/viewform

No personal questions or anything like that. All development/workflow and feature-related stuff. Thanks!

-Greg

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: OpenEuphoria Survey 2023

ghaberek said...

Time for another survey! I've got a lot of ideas floating around and I could use some help prioritizing the order of things.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSecar5T7_wDKkn2oG1yTPC3twBM6G5FtkR2BrMjOWlUUcdDyw/viewform

No personal questions or anything like that. All development/workflow and feature-related stuff. Thanks!

-Greg

Cool survey, I just filled it out. I hope this means 4.2.0 is coming closer to completion.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: OpenEuphoria Survey 2023

I noticed you listed many options for each question, of 3rd party programs (apps). While not casting aspersions, i cannot help but see how complicated one can make programming be, even when using a simple language. There were a number of online repositories listed, but not the pastey page on this site, which has been used only 10 times since January 2021. While i have a wishlist for programming features, i cannot get past the page one required questions that require answers. Because i was spending more time than desired on ways to get around features others wanted, i essentially quit programming years ago. When i want some code to have the computer do something, i don't want to use any programming aid apps from 3rd parties, nor need to ask why something is not working "properly" in a forum where there's personal attacks on why i'd want to do whatever. So, the survey doesn't fit me.

It's like "why can't OE tell me the garage door is open?" or the basement lights are on, or the water pump is running, or a fan has stopped, or the wind is from the north? And why can't OE change those conditions? What do you mean by "Perl doesn't do that, so OE shouldn't either", or "you need an account at some website to download, and can use only linux"? But, i didn't see those questions on page one of the survey, and that's as far as i could go.

Kat

4. Re: OpenEuphoria Survey 2023

katsmeow said...

i cannot get past the page one required questions that require answers

I have removed the requirement flag for checkbox questions on page 1.

-Greg

5. Re: OpenEuphoria Survey 2023

Hello!

I also filled out the survey (some days before).

6. Re: OpenEuphoria Survey 2023

Survey has been up for a month and we've got 29 30 replies so far! That's pretty good! I think I'll keep it going for a couple more weeks. I'm working on a write-up with a whole bunch of charts!

-Greg

7. Re: OpenEuphoria Survey 2023

ghaberek said...

Survey has been up for a month and we've got 29 30 replies so far! That's pretty good! I think I'll keep it going for a couple more weeks. I'm working on a write-up with a whole bunch of charts!

-Greg

Sounds good Greg. It will be interesting to see the charts.

8. Re: OpenEuphoria Survey 2023

I feel really stupid because I filled out the survey last night, feeling like I was making an important contribution to the Euphoria community, but it was late and I was tired. This morning my brain told me that I probably totally screwed up the order of the last set of questions, having to do with priority of various things. I may have reversed all of them. Or, I may have done it correctly. I don't remember, it depends on whether the left or right side was most vs. least important of the options. Ugh, I hate it when my brain takes shortcuts to be efficient, then subconsciously processes things after the fact and realizes it may have made an error. I don't know without redoing the whole survey. *facepalm*

I don't know if you can see individual results, but my submission should be obvious, because I said I'm using RedyCode/Redylib. LOL Of all the priorities, multi-threading is the highest priority for me, so if my answer said it was the least important, then you know I screwed up and you'll have to reverse all of the results I submited. haha

9. Re: OpenEuphoria Survey 2023

ryanj said...

I don't know if you can see individual results, but my submission should be obvious, because I said I'm using RedyCode/Redylib. LOL Of all the priorities, multi-threading is the highest priority for me, so if my answer said it was the least important, then you know I screwed up and you'll have to reverse all of the results I submited. haha

Yes I can see the results, and the response with ReadyCode also lists Threads as the highest (1=Lowest/5=Highest) priority so I think you did it correctly. No worries.

-Greg

10. Re: OpenEuphoria Survey 2023

ghaberek said...

Yes I can see the results, and the response with ReadyCode also lists Threads as the highest (1=Lowest/5=Highest) priority so I think you did it correctly. No worries.

Whew

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu