1. Enhanced IDE

My appologies for not being a frequent visitor of this forum, but just a moment ago I found out that Judith does not support her Enhanced IDE anymore.

Unfortunately, from time to time (whenever I need some specific program), I use Euphoria and the win32lib Enhanced IDE, and now that I am experiencing a problem (ticket is already created) it seems that there is no support anymore. I hope I am wrong, though !

If indeed there is no more support for the IDE, is there an alternative ?

Thx

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Enhanced IDE

SebastianStroh said...

Unfortunately, from time to time (whenever I need some specific program), I use Euphoria and the win32lib Enhanced IDE, and now that I am experiencing a problem (ticket is already created) it seems that there is no support anymore. I hope I am wrong, though !

The ticket system is not for Win32Lib. You should ask your question in the forum.

Lots of people are still using Win32Lib-IDE, so somebody will probably get to it. Sometimes it just takes longer than 29 minutes. :)

As far as alternatives, look into EuGTK and wxEuphoria.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Enhanced IDE

euphoric said...
SebastianStroh said...

The ticket system is not for Win32Lib. You should ask your question in the forum.

Lots of people are still using Win32Lib-IDE, so somebody will probably get to it. Sometimes it just takes longer than 29 minutes. :)

As far as alternatives, look into EuGTK and wxEuphoria.

I'm sorry that I gave the impression that I was impatient. I created the ticket to get the problem solved, and after that, I created the forum topic to know what alternatives there were. The "it seems that there is no support anymore" was referring to the fact that Judith isn't working on the IDE anymore, not to the fact that I didn't get an answer in 29 minutes !

Clumsy me ! Thanks for the suggestions.

By the way, I guess that this also means that nobody took over Judith's work. A real pity !

Grtz.

4. Re: Enhanced IDE

SebastianStroh said...

Using the most recent version of Enhanced IDE (I just learned that Judith isn't supporting it anymore) I just tried to use the IDE to Bind an application I wrote in it. (Remark: the option "Generate Program"->"Run project/Include" is working fine) A couple of months that worked quite OK, but since I installed the entire Euphoria folderstructure to another disk (accordingly modifying the environment variables), the binding (with option "Generate Program"->"Bind Project/Include") ends with a Msg 14 msgbox "Binding completed", but there is no EXE file to be found in the destination folder. No error file either.

When I use, "Generate Program>Run project/Include," it crashes on me with a "CreateProcessHi failed," and it's behaved that way for some time now. I don't know if that has to do with my using Euphoria 4.0 or not. However, I can translate and compile the source just fine. I've never actually tried binding from within the IDE. Didn't know it was an option!

What version of Euphoria are you using? Have you considered translating instead of binding?

SebastianStroh said...

By the way, I guess that this also means that nobody took over Judith's work. A real pity !

Not yet. I think Derek is planning on taking it up again once Euphoria 4.0 is released...

5. Re: Enhanced IDE

euphoric said...

When I use, "Generate Program>Run project/Include," it crashes on me with a "CreateProcessHi failed," and it's behaved that way for some time now. I don't know if that has to do with my using Euphoria 4.0 or not. However, I can translate and compile the source just fine. I've never actually tried binding from within the IDE. Didn't know it was an option!

I've never tried translating and compiling outside the IDE, but looking at the sourcecode in my EXW file, that should work. I'll try it right away. And I do think the binding problem you have has something to do with the version 4.0

euphoric said...

What version of Euphoria are you using? Have you considered translating instead of binding?

I use version 3.1 I believe. I bind the programs using the Generate program option in the IDE, and have never used translation or binding outside the IDE.

SebastianStroh said...

euphoric said...

Not yet. I think Derek is planning on taking it up again once Euphoria 4.0 is released...

Now, that is great news. Thanks !

6. Re: Enhanced IDE

SebastianStroh said...

My appologies for not being a frequent visitor of this forum, but just a moment ago I found out that Judith does not support her Enhanced IDE anymore.

If indeed there is no more support for the IDE, is there an alternative ?

Thx

Me. I'll be supporting the IDE and Win32lb once we get V4.0 out the door.

I've already begun reworking win32lib to be more v4 friendly. The IDE needs a serious make-over too.

7. Re: Enhanced IDE

DerekParnell said...

Me. I'll be supporting the IDE and Win32lb once we get V4.0 out the door.

I've already begun reworking win32lib to be more v4 friendly. The IDE needs a serious make-over too.

Great.

By the way, I have been messing around with my Euphoria folder and now the error message has changed. At first (my original question), I had installed it (a backup, because the original machine had crashed) in d:\RestoreT500\Drive(D)\Euphoria\..., with the error for which I created a ticket on this site (no binding possible, although no errors were reported). Now I have moved the entire euphoria-folder (which includes a filder IDE104 with the IDE executable in it) to D:\Euphoria. Evidently, I changed the EUINC, the EUDIR and the PATH variables accordingly. Now the following messages appear :

• when I use [Generate Program][Temporary run Project/Include][Temp run (F6)] I get a messagebox Msg12:
    CreateProcessHi failed
  • when I use [Generate Program][Run Project/Include] I get the same messagebox
  • when I use [Generate Program][Bind Project/Include] I get a messagebox Msg 144:
    Unable to save the file D:\euphoria\EigenOntwikkeling\LogonLogoff\CrashFile_D:\euphoria\EigenOntwikkeling\LogonLogoff\Logtimesv03.prj. Would you like another chance.

The latter, I believe, probably has something to do with the semicolon in the filename, although I have not changed the settings (other than the EUINC, EUDIR and PATH variables where I merely deleted the part "\RestoreT500\Drive(D)").

Any idea ?

8. Re: Enhanced IDE

PROBLEM SOLVED !
To all readers, and certainly to those of you who have tried to help me with this problem : it is solved. Apparantly there was something wrong with some of the files in my Euphoria BIN folder. Due to a motherboard failure (thanks to Windows Vista!) I had to use an old computer to which I restored a backup. Unfortunately some of the files got corrupt during the restore (or maybe they already were in the backup). This caused the problems, and now, after reinstalling everything from a clean download (and another backup, or rather a copy of the original folders on an external HD), everything seems to work.

Again, thanks to all for the help.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu