Re: work begins on RedyCode 2.0

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

I have been the most busy I have been in years...it's insane...had to drop all 50 gazillion projects to focus on my day job the last couple months...That saying "when it rains, it pours", it's true... I'm only posting this here because some software I wrote using my RedyCode 1.0 is actually proving to be useful in the real world, despite it's flaws. Most of my current work has to do with micro-controller programming and PCB design, but because of all the hard work I did writing my RedyCode stuff in OE, I was able to make a pretty good set of specific Redy/OE tools for monitoring/debugging/configuring various hardware devices over an FTDI usb serial cable. It's kindof a hack job, and I never seem to have time to make the improvements I'd like to (and share with the public), but it has been extremely useful! I feel like all of that hard work was worth it, although I'm never satisfied completely, because I can always think of improvements that need to be made. But I thought I'd share this, because it is technically a success story for OE! So, devs, please keep working on OE. Please try to modernize it with multi-threading etc. because if I wasn't so busy, I would have abandoned it by now. I just haven't had the time/energy to abandon it yet, so i keep chugging along, doing the best I can to work around it's flaws, and I can't do that much longer...I understand, you probably are too busy to work on it as much as you'd like. I wish I could help, maybe I can later. I'm not really sure what to do, it's really frustrating having too much to do, but not enough time and energy. So many things end up getting set aside...

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu