RedyCode 0.9.0 officially released!

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

RedyCode 0.9.0 is finally ready! It is available for download at http://redy-project.org/downloads.php.

I have made many many improvements since the last release. There are known minor bugs and missing features, but it is now stable enough to use. The documentation is unfinished, but hopefully it is complete enough to get you started.

Installaton

• RedyCode is a self-contained and portable application.
  • You do not need Euphoria installed, and if you have Euphoria installed, RedyCode should ignore it, because it has it's own stripped-down version of Euphoria 4.1 included.
  • Simply unzip the file and run RedyCode.exe. All the paths should be automatically detected relative to the location of RedyCode.exe
  • If you want to run RedyLib-based programs from another installation of Euphoria (or by double-clicking an .exw file in Explorer), you will need to copy include/redylib_0_9/ to it's include folder.
  • The RedyLib version is part of the include folder to avoid confusion when new versions come out. (I DO NOT want Redy to have the same compatibility confusion problems as win32lib did!)
  • RedyCode should work with no tweaking. It is designed to be easy to use. If you decide to customize euphoria with eu.cfg or batch files or whatever that may cause RedyCode to break, do so at your own risk! If there is a legitamate bug that causes RedyCode to not work under certain conditions, please let me know, with as much details as possible.

Learning how to use RedyCode

• RedyCode is an IDE. It comes with RedyLib, which is a standard library that includes a widget toolkit. Everything is 100% Euphoria code and completely custom-made, so the API will be new to you. There will be a learning curve.
  • RedyCode has a hypertext help system, which contains the official RedyCode manual. Please read it to learn how to use RedyLib. (Help menu -> Help)
  • Some example projects are included. These should be useful for learning by example.
  • You can also browse the RedyLib files themselves in the Project Tree under Includes->redylib_0_9 to see the actually source, which may help you understand how things work.

My intention was to have complete documentation and lots of demos, but i just didn't have time. It would be like writing an entire book. Please let me know if you have any questions about the RedyLib API. I realize how difficult it can be to learn how to use a new widget toolkit, and i would be happy to help with issues as the come up.

I will continue to add more features and squash bugs until the next planned major release around the end of this year. Let me know if you find any serious bugs.

Happy coding! smile

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu