1. Is everybody okay?

It's been 6 weeks or so since we started our quarantine. (SE Texas, United States).

I was just wondering how everybody is doing?

I'm doing okay. Don't even know anybody that has been or is sick. Guess I'm just lucky.

Hope everybody is healthy.

Lonny

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Is everybody okay?

Lnettnay said...

It's been 6 weeks or so since we started our quarantine. (SE Texas, United States).

I'm doing okay. Don't even know anybody that has been or is sick. Guess I'm just lucky.

Hope everybody is healthy.

Lonny

I'm not sick. I live in WA and the quaratine here was started in early March. I also don't know anyone sick. I just hope things will open up soon.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Is everybody okay?

I'm sure you'll be fine with Donald on the case.

4. Re: Is everybody okay?

I know, right? I get a warm, fuzzy feeling every time he opens his stupid mouth. Most of the rest of the world doesn't like the U.S. much already and now we have him.

His response to the corona virus is pitiful. Especially when there are quotes from him during the Ebola epidemic saying "if one US citizen dies Obama should resign." I don't see him resigning.

I didn't vote for him, but I didn't vote for her either. I wish we had a "None of the Above" option like in the movie "Brewster's Millions". If neither candidate gets more than 50% of the vote we start over and neither candidate can run again. grin

Lonny

5. Re: Is everybody okay?

Doing fine here. No one I know personally has died, but this is a small town, and a couple of families I know of by name only have been infected and a couple have died. Sadly, this includes some young people.

Since someone mentioned the evil "politics", here's a thought: I'm the same age as the Democrat Presidential candidate. He "can't remember" something that happened 27 years ago. I can clearly remember dozens of people, including temporary interns, that I worked with 50 years ago. Is it normal to be so forgetful?

6. Re: Is everybody okay?

irv said...

Since someone mentioned the evil "politics", here's a thought: I'm the same age as the Democrat Presidential candidate. He "can't remember" something that happened 27 years ago. I can clearly remember dozens of people, including temporary interns, that I worked with 50 years ago. Is it normal to be so forgetful?

I'm not going to defend him, but I'll acknowledge that everyone's memory works differently and we can't expect to hold each other to our own personal standards. Plus he's a politician, so who knows what he's being truthful about.

-Greg

7. Re: Is everybody okay?

ghaberek said...
irv said...

I'm not going to defend him, but I'll acknowledge that everyone's memory works differently and we can't expect to hold each other to our own personal standards. Plus he's a politician, so who knows what he's being truthful about.

-Greg

Probably the best solution:
We Need This Now!

Forked into: Off Topic: Some random thoughts...

8. Re: Is everybody okay?

Lnettnay said...

I live in WA, but in my case that stands for "Western Australia". We've all been doing the social distancing thing for a few weeks along with various other measures. See COVID-19 Latest if interested.

As for me and my family, nuclear and wider, there's been no sign of the virus. I still travel to the office each workday. I have the entire floor to myself as everyone else is working from home. Sometimes I drive here and sometimes I cycle all or part of the 22km journey. The whole experience has been good for me physically. Slightly less so mentally.

Being a little suspicious of government generally, I'm still trying to decide whether to join in with the COVIDSafe program or not. Being able to see the sourcecode was mooted originally but that seems less likely now. Now I'm even more suspicious.

But thanks for asking.

Bruce

9. Re: Is everybody okay? -- back on topic

I have continued to fiddle with my CV19-tracker.edb. Today a CNN article noted: "An influential coronavirus model..is now forecasting that 134,000 people will die of Covid-19 in the United States, nearly double its previous prediction.. Relatedly, a ... model projects a rise in coronavirus cases and deaths in the weeks ahead, up to about 3,000 daily deaths in the US by June 1"

This my tracker's current US report:

Current Table: US 

Day 101:  2020-5-3 

CONFIRMED: 1,158,040 (+25,501) = 1.022 Daily Growth Rate 
        349.8 Confirmed Cases per 100,000 
        0.35% of US population 
        The Daily Growth Rate 7 day Moving Average has 
        **DECLINED** for 3 consecutive days 

DECEASED: 67,682 (+1,313) = 5.844% of Confirmed Cases 
        20.4 Deaths per 100,000 
        Deaths/Confirmed Cases 7 day Moving Average has 
        **INCREASED** for 37 consecutive days 

RECOVERED: 180,152 

ACTIVE: 910,206 
---------------------------------------------- 
Coronavirus: US Projected Data based on a 
Daily Growth Rate 7 Day Moving Average of: 1.026 
and a death rate of 5.844%*<=== Probably should use  
the 7 day moving average death rate percentage instead of 
the last day's value.    

Day     Date            Confirmed           Deaths          Daily 
1       2020-5-4:       1,188,472           69,461          1,779 
2       2020-5-5:       1,219,704           71,286          1,825 
3       2020-5-6:       1,251,757           73,159          1,873 
~ 
~ 
25      2020-5-28:      2,214,930           129,452         3,315 
26      2020-5-29:      2,273,136           132,854         3,402 
27      2020-5-30:      2,332,872           136,345         3,491 
28      2020-5-31:      2,394,178           139,928         3,583 
29      2020-6-1:       2,457,095           143,606         3,678 

To paraphrase a famous quote by U.S. Senator Everett Dirksen, "A few hundred thousand dead here, a few hundred thousand dead there, and pretty soon you're talking about a significant number of deaths."

Everybody Stay Safe!,
Ken

10. Re: Is everybody okay? -- back on topic

It's probably all part of an Evil Plot to make us all work from home and buy everything from Amazon.com

So far, it's working.

11. Re: Is everybody okay?

ChrisB said...

I'm sure you'll be fine with Donald on the case.

Glad I got out of the country while I had the chance.

Toronto has been closed up for just over two months now. Things are pretty good, none of my near family has caught the virus afaik. Much easier to get masks up here, also.

For my part, I'm worried about things opening up too soon. It's not as bad as NYC up here, but this city has the potential to become a big hotspot if things aren't carefully managed.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu