Re: Phix 1.0.5 uploaded

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Hallo,

Thank you for your continuous work on phix.

For your information: Just after downloading Phix1.0.5, the zip files. Something strange happened. Microsoft defender has all 32bit copies of phix.exe (i.e. p.exe, pw.exe and in my case pw32.exe). Moved to quarantine as a potential threat. The 64bit versions are not affected. The versions on my computer are Phix 1.0.3, 1.04, 1.05. All exe files (except those of Phix1.0.5) were created here on the computer.

I copied the original .exe's from the zip files back. Then I was able to ignore the warnings for 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 and then to rebuild both 32bit and 64bit and use them without warnings from Microsoft Defender.

For 1.0.5 32bit exe now work but i can't build the 64bit exe. Defender stops the process and put pnew2.exe in quarantine. pnew.exe (64bit) seems to work i can ignore the warning. But not pnew2.exe(64bit).

I have reported this to Microsoft as a false positive. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission/ Process is still pending.

Another Day. Phix1.0.5 is completely back in Quarantine and no way to ignore it. Virustotal gives a 10/73 for pw.exe from 1.0.5 ec3a3e7ef059b25b470d3fb621219780e428859aff5ddd97b0b772a8cf68358a

Warnings for 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 are also back. But i can ignore them.But i stopped ignoring them. So at least for me Phix is unusable at the moment.

Andreas

Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml

Gave it another try today. Still nothing really changed. I am sure that everything is false positive. Hopefully it will work again at some point.

(the text probably seems a bit confusing. unfortunately i couldn't post anything in the forum for a few days. and then i kept expanding the text and copying it together.)

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu