Re: Phix 1.0.5 uploaded

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Oh dear, trouble't mill.

I've been suffering a few BSOD of the DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATON variety, which I'd put down to trying to install Docker,
but uninstalling that didn't help so I cannot rule out having picked up something nasty here. One thing I did do is to
intall some Windows 10 update preview, maybe that's why (touch wood) Windows Defender isn't yet giving me any jip.
Much like you, all I can really do is hope enough BSOD info is getting to Microsoft and they roll out a magic fix, soon.

However, there's also trouble at VirusTotal itself:
I uploaded my pw.exe and just like you said, not happy (and apparently 21/95 didn't run).
I re-scanned one of Saturday's submissions and that jumped from 1/95 to 2/95 here.
So I uploaded my pw.exe in a zip file, and that locked on 4/67 (so 28/95 didn't run)...
So I re-uploaded my local copy of Saturday's submision, same SHA-256 so it cannot be "more infected", and that locked on 6/66... (""29/95) here
Without any doubt, there must have been at least two binary identical pw.exe's in that mix. So there's clearly something amiss their end.

I'll keep my eyes peeled.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu