Re: Hypatia 3.0

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...

Again, ham radio isn't relayed the way phone calls are.

Ham radio was being connected to phone lines before mobile phones were. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autopatch

jimcbrown said...
katsmeow said...

the ERP needed, etc..

What's ERP?

Effective Radiated Power. Why it mattered: my car didn't look like it had anything but an AM radio in it, due to apparent lack of transmitter antenna.

PS: in case: you didn't understand the need for lack of transmitter antenna ; at one point in history, those who sold drugs recognized law enforcement vehicles by the 2-way communications equipment (make, model, etc didn't matter). Also, CB equipment might have a good resale value on the black market. Suspect antennas were damaged in various ways.

jimcbrown said...

I mean, it's telling that one can attempt to search for a biotech firm that got rich by selling pain-relief capsaicin sprays and not find anything.

So they made a bucket of money and quit. The stuff is still being made. And i thought the less physical water base was a plus for non-contact application.

jimcbrown said...
katsmeow said...

Much like strtok.e and irc.e, i got squat.

Well, at least I understand why strtoke.e and irc.e got squat. I mean who offers money and things to computer files? They only exist in the physical realm in the most meager and abstract way, let alone have the capacity to feel and desire things.

I didn't specify money as the sole component of "squat". For strtok.e, i did get attacked for straying from the Eu religion of atoms, and the mention of strings. For irc.e i got worse. Remember when DLL didn't imply dynamic de-linking of a library, and truely dynamically linking to a library any time besides startup? Remember string execution?

Kat

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu