Re: Hypatia 3.0

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

RPN isn’t a problem — you’d need 5 minutes to learn it, another 10 for Hypatia’s idiosyncratic enhancements, and after half an hour you’d wonder why anyone uses infix notation, when RPN is so much more logical and elegant. :) Hypatia’s commands and script language take more time, though, and are only worth the effort if you happen to need what you can do with them.

What I mostly wanted to say, though, is that all the posts here are about developing Euphoria and/or Phix — bug fixes, new concepts, new features, the future — no one talks about using the language, about the projects they use it for, about the programs/apps they create with it, about what Euphoria and/or Phix are good for, as they are, not in some distant future when some new features will maybe have been implemented. I also think this would get visitors and potential users more interested. Of course developers need a place to exchange ideas and discuss problems and solutions, but, through nobody’s fault, this place here doesn’t make users feel welcome — and without users, a language can hardly thrive … But I guess I start to repeat myself, so, end of rant.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu