Re: Hypatia 3.0

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
petelomax said...

As it happens, am currently neck-deep in a new GUI, let me know if you'd like one, and into the bargain make it runnable in a web browser (screenshots/links would help).
Disclaimer: Will not happen overnight. Console apps usually need restructuring to run in a GUI/browser, there being no "stop the world while I accept input".

A GUI would certainly be great, particularly if it comes with a GUI IDE, like I used more than 25 years ago with Visual Basic, or like the one that Judith Evans had been working on long ago …

I honestly don’t really see the point of a program running in a browser, but that I fail to see it doesn’t mean it isn’t a good thing, so, yeah!

Hypatia, though, is text-based to its core — giving it a GUI would just be a cosmetic operation that hardly seems worth the effort, unless you change the whole concept until it becomes a different though not necessarily more useful program (which neither I nor anyone else is ever going to write).

Anyway, yes, sure, while I’m glad to have found in Phix such a great tool for creating console programs, I’d certainly welcome the possibility to easily create GUI programs, too — thank you for working on it!

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu