Re: Why do People Use Euphoria?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

For the last 20 years or so I've only written little tools for my own needs on my own computer, all of them for the command line. When I came across Euphoria a long time ago (it was 2.x), I was fascinated with its "objects," its syntax and its simplicity, and knew this was what I wanted. I was perfectly happy with Euphoria 3.1, except for some flaws, but I liked the minimalistic approach that let me create my own solutions for everything that wasn't included. I switched to 4.x when 3.2 never came, but I never felt equally happy with it — it seemed bloated to me (I know, for most other users this meant a wealth of much appreciated new features), and I slowly lost trust that any of the issues I encountered would ever be addressed. Now I've "discovered" Phix, and I'm happy again, because for me, this works — so, thank you! This will not be of much interest to you, but here is my console RPN calculator — www.dunyazad-library.net/software/hypatia/

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu