Re: RedyCode - new features

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ne1uno said...
ryanj said...

That moment when you realize you can recursively run an IDE to open the source of itself to run itself to open the source of itself to run itself...

http://www.inc.com/erik-sherman/why-you-should-eat-the-dog-food-not-drink-the-kool-aid.html

Good article!

I have unofficially released version 0.9.0 at https://github.com/redy-project/RedyCode. It is the "RedyCode_0_9_0_RC" branch. I'll add documentation in the next few days, and make whatever adjustments are necessary before merging it to the main branch and calling it an official release.

I would appreciate it if anyone wants to test it and give me some feedback (including the specs of the computer and OS you ran it on). It should work on XP and above as far as i know, and even wine32 on linux.

RedyCode is a portable, self-contained application. It should auto-detect it's own subfolders no matter where you unzip it and work without configuration. You should be able to open one of the included projects or create a new project based on the included default template and run projects with the included euiw.exe.

It comes with a stripped-down version of euphoria, so you don't need euphoria installed (and it should not use your installation of euphoria anyway). Theoretically, you should be able to replace the included version with a full version of euphoria 4.1 32-bit in the same folder, or you can go to Tools -> Preferences and change the euphoria paths, as long as you have redylib_0_9 in the specified include folder. Earlier versions of euphoria will probably not work, because i haven't had time to test compatibility yet.

Because i haven't finished documentation yet, it may be difficult to understand how to use RedyLib. For now, you can open/create a project, and easily browse all the include files, so you can at least see what the routines and paramaters are in each .e file.

After some testing and doc writing, this will become official by June 1! Enjoy smile

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu