Re: RedyCode - new features

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ryanj said...

The next version of RedyCode will be released very soon. This is going to be a fully functional IDE! I have accomplished all my major goals for this next release (as far as features). I'm just cleaning up the source and fixing a few remaining minor bugs, then i will spend about a week or so writing RedyCode Help and RedyLib API documentation.

Important new features to look forward to:

• Create projects based on a default template, with customizeable header text (copyright, liscense, etc.) prepended to each source file in your new project.
  • Built-in creole syntax documentation editor (useful for writing your own help system for your own apps)
  • Built-in BMP image viewer
  • Simplified project tree lets you browse source, docs, images, and external includes, which open in the tabbed editor.
  • Built-in hypertext help system
  • Portable setup includes Euphoria 4.1 beta binaries, stdlib, and redylib included, and you should be able to run a project with no configuration.

Sounds great. Regarding the graphics abstraction layer thing, when Redy 2.0 may have OpenGL for its rendering, would it be possible to add in vulkan? Vulkan is kinda like the successor to OpenGL, of course OpenGL is fine too, Vulkan is kinda hard to learn.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu