Re: Raspberry Pi revisited

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...

I'm very interested in seeing your plan on getting Euphoria on a million or more $0 computers. What are the steps you will take to accomplish this? What sort of timeline do you have? (Near feature is quite vague.) If applicable (I concede that it may not be), what kind of budget will this plan require?

I gave you the industry expectation of 1 million Raspberry Pi sold by Christmas. I have tried before to impress upon you the extraordinary acceptance of the Education people of Raspberry Pi. The Profs and school teachers are ordering the Pi in 50s and 100s. I view the Raspberry PI as revolutionary as the announcement of Altair in, I think, 1974. It is ARM processor based and that processor is getting tremendous attention lately. Just as you could not do a lot with Altair,it is considered the start of the microcomputer revolution. The Pi is slightly different. It already has a millions of cousins (there is one in your pocket - your mobile phone) Your phone is not easy to start developing on, where as the PI is an ideal tool to develop on, and transfer the technology at a higher level to many of the tablets. A Euphoria implementation on the ARM processor can reach millions, and the applications developed under it can be sold as "APPs" by the enthusiastic kids of today. My big concern is that the processor used is version6 and most of the current devices are ARMV7 - but I was assured by a very senior teacher at Seneca College (where I attended a 2 day seminar) that the differences are not great and that probably the next version of the PI will be with ARM V7.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu