Re: Raspberry Pi revisited

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
EUWX said...

Euphoria is NOT available yet available on ARM processors comfortably - and definitely not on ARM 7 version which is the current release of ARM processors. I have already pointed out that the current Raspberry Pi is not comfortable with the many popular releases of Linux because they all support ARM ver 7 and the Raspberry Pi is currently built with ARM6.

I'm not sure what you mean by "comfortably." Obviously, there has been no official release. I don't think that we rely on any ARM ASM (going by memory, I could be wrong, I haven't personally done anything with euphoria on ARM). I know there are alignment issues in places. Did this change with ARM7? Are there other issues?

It seems like the existence of a gcc toolchain for ARM7 is the biggest hurdle for euphoria.

EUWX said...

Euphoria is definitely NOT available on Raspbian, the trusted version of Linux on Raspberry Pi - the one which would make the army of users of Raspberry Pi to start working with Euphoria.

You mean as part of the distribution itself? That's correct. Euphoria isn't in any distro's package manager, AFAIK.

Matt

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu