Re: Raspberry Pi revisited

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
mattlewis said...
useless_ said...

I do not have a Pi. Nor will i consider buying one as long as i have unanswered questions about it, or need to find answers on non-english sites. After all, not even YOU can tell me about the 512K of ram YOU mentioned.

Please drop this thread of questioning. It was obviously a typo. He meant 512MB. I can't prove that you knew this, but can be annoyed by troll-like activity on a common sort of typo that's so easy to resolve (one post: snark, multiple posts: trolling).

Matt

I didn't know it was a typo. The 2nd edition of early Pi computers used a cots video chip that just happened to have a cpu in it (the 1st version used separate video and cpu chips), that core seemingly wasn't designed to have an OS running on it. I know some ARM chips made then and now are artificially restricted to 512Mbytes, i seem to recall early ARM were 512Kbytes. For an embedded low end video chip to be restricted to 512Kbytes wouldn't be unimaginable. As someone who has an army of C64, and a few VIC20, i saw the early ARM as the successor to the 6502 family, and the upgrade vector to the 6502/6510, but early on they were just as limited in memory size. I wanted to know, and EUWX said "512K", so i was asking him. But it's obvious from his posts since then that he hasn't a clue, and you are correct, and i appologise for going astray from proper etiquette.

useless

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu