Re: IDE for Eu4?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...
euphoric said...

Is that hard-coded in there? I don't think so. I'm not at a PC where I can check at the moment... but search the source in IDE.exw for euiw.exe and see if the path is hard-coded. If not, then it might be because you don't have Eu4 configured right. Have you got something like "-eudir c:\eu40\" in your eu.cfg file (where -eudir points to your Eu4 installation path)?

Hmm, does the IDE know about eu.cfg files? I thought those were new to 4.0

Otherwise, adding eu.cfg support to the IDE might be a big job. :/

I have found eu.cfg in the C:\Euphoria40\bin directory, where it should be according to the docs, and it says:

-i C:\euphoria40\include 

[all] 
-i C:\euphoria40\include 

which looks sensible. So we are back to the question - why does dear old IDE look in C:\Euphoria? I assume it creates a *.exw file and just runs it with Windows associations - so it looks in Euphoria\bin to run it with exw. As long as Eu4 uses the same file extensions as Eu3 we are not going to get the two running simultaneously. Ideally we would use a different file extension, like *.exw4 (forget the DOS 3-character limit!)or *.euw or *.eiw would be reasonable. I guess I could use the batch file directory name swap so that either Eu3 or Eu4 is located in the \Euphoria directory, but that is a bit - well, like in the dark DOS days. Is there any other way around this problem? Over to you Gentlemen again....

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu