Re: IDE for Eu4?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
AndyDrummond said...

I have found eu.cfg in the C:\Euphoria40\bin directory, where it should be according to the docs, and it says:

-i C:\euphoria40\include 

[all] 
-i C:\euphoria40\include 

which looks sensible. So we are back to the question - why does dear old IDE look in C:\Euphoria? I assume it creates a *.exw file and just runs it with Windows associations - so it looks in Euphoria\bin to run it with exw. As long as Eu4 uses the same file extensions as Eu3 we are not going to get the two running simultaneously. Ideally we would use a different file extension, like *.exw4 (forget the DOS 3-character limit!)or *.euw or *.eiw would be reasonable. I guess I could use the batch file directory name swap so that either Eu3 or Eu4 is located in the \Euphoria directory, but that is a bit - well, like in the dark DOS days. Is there any other way around this problem? Over to you Gentlemen again....

The include path options in your example eu.cfg tell the euphoria interpreter (translator, binder) where to look for include files. You can have lots of these, so that you don't end up throwing all of your favorite third party libraries into a single directory.

Finding the interpreter's executable, however, is a completely different thing. I haven't looked at the guts of the Win32Lib IDE in a long time, but ideally this would be easily configurable by the user. The easiest way to hack this in would probably be to manually edit whatever config information the IDE itself saves (assuming it does this), and load the information from there. Better would be to add some interface from within the IDE itself to configure this (wxIDE, e.g., does this, and, in fact, allows for a 'main' and 'alternate' interpreter to be used).

Alternatively, if the IDE is using the value of $EUDIR to find the interpreter, you can use the -eudir option to specify. This would be easy if running the IDE via source. Otherwise, you'd need to use it when you translate the IDE, and then, of course, the path is once again hard coded to whatever you put down.

Matt

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu