Re: submitting code

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Kat said...

... it's misleading to suggest that all working useable desireable code is going to be considered in a positive light

I never said that so how can you say what I said was misleading?

The nearest I got to that was that I implied that all submitted work would be examined on its merits. If I submitted something that I wanted but everyone (or majority) regarded as junk then it will be rejected.

Kat said...

Just as you are allowed to make improvements in Euphoria every day, i am not allowed to make improvements, every day.

Now hang on there ... you decided to remove yourself from the development team. No one pushed you out or even told to you to leave. It was your decision so don't start on about not being allowed. You, like everyone else not in that team can still submit ideas and code. YOU ARE ALLOWED.

Kat said...

So it's not far from my mind that the off-topic harrassment which was against me on euphorum stopped only when i took removed all code for task messaging.

What you call "harrassment", nearly everyone calls "opposing opinion". Getting opposing opinion is a good thing - it helps one clarify one's own stance on things.

Kat said...

Or how there was a tide against me when i asked for string handling functions a decade ago, wrote strtok.e, and then those functions were added to Eu v4, but i was useless in that addition. Functions i didn't release with strtok v3 were not in Eu v4, functions i use every day, which i believe would be a valueable contribution. In deep depression i simply gave Derek permission to scrape whatever he wanted from the lib. I knew better than to do any more to be helpful.

A "tide"!?!?! Really ... a "tide"?? If I recall, there might have been two or three people that had differing ideas about some of that library's functionality.

Now some functionality that is common with your library has been included in Euphoria. These were not lifted from your code and were added because they are common to most language's standard library.

Kat said...

I believe the getxml() in strtok lib would detect some misuse of the creole tags in this forum, from missing tags to overlapping tags fields, but that suggestion was overlooked as well.

Well you'd be wrong then. That function would not help the creole parsing because creole syntax is vastly different from XML.

Kat said...

CK's posted pic which included a view of the header on euphorum being overlapped by tabs used to select other pages was fixable by css code i submitted, and i think CK also submitted code, and yet the problem persists. The submitted code isn't in use.

Even though it reduced that problem, your CSS file caused other problems to occur.

Kat said...

I use the task msg handler every day, and make incremental improvements, expanding it's scope to handling msg passing across a lan or the internet, but i actually now fear the idea of submitting this code, because the code isn't the object of the derision, i am. Several times in this forum and on the devlist, verbal fights took away time better spent on coding, fights which as often as not had nothing to do with the submitted code.

These "fights" did not begin as such. They began as honest requests for explanation or as opposing opinions, but seemed to escalate rapidly when you started to take them personally, which they never were.

Kat said...

What Derek had said as a blanket statement was over-simplified and could have had many caveats added. I added comments where he made the statement. While i respect Derek, i do not respect the process as applied here or some of the participants. More than one person has stated we traded the dictatorship of RobC for an equally frustrating dictatorship. There is just no end of irrelavant "reasons" for some code/functions being refused. Granted, there are some relavant reasons.

It was not "over-simplified". What caveats are required?

Name one rejection that was done so for irrelevant reasons.

Kat said...

I gave pro and con for submitting code in the parent thread, but if Bruce would rather just get on with his job, do not submit code here. Share it with anyone who asks for it, but don't do it in euphorum, the devlist, or the ticket page on this site or sourceforge. There's just too much overhead.

And what should be done instead to get anyone's code into Euphoria?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu