1. OpenEuphoria Contributor Application

This is your opportunity to help improve the Euphoria programming language, the OpenEuphoria website, and many other parts of our community. Maybe you already know what you want to contribute. Maybe you want to help in some way but are unsure where to start. Either way, this form will help us find the right contributors for each task.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in this thread and I will try to address them here. (See next comment for FAQ.)

-Greg

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: OpenEuphoria Contributor Application

FAQ

Do I have to provide my real name and email address?

Yes! If you want to contribute we need some idea of who you are. We don't need your full legal name, just whatever people call you in real life. This is especially important after the recent discovery of the xz utils backdoor.

Do I get to choose what things I am able to work on?

Maybe! At this time we are collecting interest on all areas of Euphoria and the OpenEuphoria community. We can't have everyone all working on the same thing and if we need to assign specific tasks, we will do so judiciously.

Do I need to have a GitHub account?

It depends! If you are going to contribute directly to any projects stored on GitHub then of course you will need access an account to do so, otherwise no.

Do I need to have a Discord account?

Probably! While this forum works great for general discussion, it's currently not designed to support a large multi-faceted collaborative group effort. Discord can help with this.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: OpenEuphoria Contributor Application

Does it matter I had to pick pictures of stairs but there were only pictures of steps?

No.

4. Re: OpenEuphoria Contributor Application

petelomax said...

Does it matter I had to pick pictures of stairs but there were only pictures of steps?

No.

Lol yeah captchas are awful sometimes. grin

-Greg

5. Re: OpenEuphoria Contributor Application

I'd like to help out. Especially if it means getting Euphoria 4.2.0 out the door as soon as possible. I just don't know what I could contribute. Making wrappers and small games are what my main programming strengths are. I have a little bit of experience with web design.

6. Re: OpenEuphoria Contributor Application

Icy_Viking said...

I'd like to help out. Especially if it means getting Euphoria 4.2.0 out the door as soon as possible. I just don't know what I could contribute. Making wrappers and small games are what my main programming strengths are. I have a little bit of experience with web design.

Please start by filling out the form so you're on the list.

If we could formalize the process of wrapping a library, would you be able to contribute and maintain some official third-party wrappers?

For starters, I'd like to see Euphoria 4.2 ship with SQLite. It's become the de facto local database format for any programming language.

I have most of it wrapped here but it needs to be moved to to Euphoria and we need tests for verifying the wrapper is "in sync" with the library.

We also need to put together some unit tests and someone needs to be committed to keeping the wrapper up to date with upstream SQLite.

I can take care of moving the wrapper to Euphoria and with packaging the library into the release zip/tarball. I can work on the tests as well.

Thoughts?

-Greg

7. Re: OpenEuphoria Contributor Application

ghaberek said...
Icy_Viking said...

Please start by filling out the form so you're on the list.

If we could formalize the process of wrapping a library, would you be able to contribute and maintain some official third-party wrappers?

For starters, I'd like to see Euphoria 4.2 ship with SQLite. It's become the de facto local database format for any programming language.

I have most of it wrapped here but it needs to be moved to to Euphoria and we need tests for verifying the wrapper is "in sync" with the library.

We also need to put together some unit tests and someone needs to be committed to keeping the wrapper up to date with upstream SQLite.

I can take care of moving the wrapper to Euphoria and with packaging the library into the release zip/tarball. I can work on the tests as well.

Thoughts?

-Greg

I've filled out the form. I wouldn't mind taking a shot at completing SQLite wrapper. I also wouldn't mind keeping my own wrappers up to date, which I currently try to do. Regarding SDL, SFML, etc.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu