1. Orx Engine Wrapper Update #4

Hello all,

Work on the Orx game engine wrapper has been progressing steadily. I have wrapped most of the functions in Greg's updated format. It now more closely resembles the actual Orx engine layout.

LEFT TO DO:

oxThread.e - From the core folder

Sound Functions need to be wrapped. Physics Functions need to be wrapped. Plugin Functions need to be wrapped.

Inline functions need to be coded.

While there is still some work to do, a lot has been done. Enough code has been wrapped that simple demos can probably be made, I haven't tested myself, as I've been trying to get the wrapper done.

Also, the inline functions need to be done. I have already coded the flags and the structs to a Eu friendly format.

Although I had wrapped the functions in my old code file, I have been converting/reformatting them to fit Greg's more organized approach. So far it has been a real help. Stay tuned.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Orx Engine Wrapper Update #4

Sounds great! I've got a bunch of changes queuing up that I'll push to the repo soon.

In the mean time, don't even bother with the thread functions.

They'll likely just cause a machine-level crash since Euphoria doesn't support threads.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Orx Engine Wrapper Update #4

ghaberek said...

Sounds great! I've got a bunch of changes queuing up that I'll push to the repo soon.

They'll likely just cause a machine-level crash since Euphoria doesn't support threads.

-Greg

Sounds awesome. Alright. So orxThread.e will have to be left alone/not exist for now.

4. Re: Orx Engine Wrapper Update #4

Icy_Viking said...
ghaberek said...

So orxThread.e will have to be left alone/not exist for now.

Phix supports threads. If you keep/publish whatever you already have (but without an actual "include" statement) I'll see if I can get it working on Phix.

5. Re: Orx Engine Wrapper Update #4

petelomax said...
Icy_Viking said...
ghaberek said...

So orxThread.e will have to be left alone/not exist for now.

Phix supports threads. If you keep/publish whatever you already have (but without an actual "include" statement) I'll see if I can get it working on Phix.

EuOrx is open source, so you're free to edit it, so it can work with Phix if you'd like. I'm sure it would be fairly easy, minimal edits to the source code.

EDIT: I have the sound functions coded, the macros and inline not. I'm working on the plugin and physics functions as of now.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu