1. Please Help With Updating Documentation

Hi, Euphoria programmers!

I'm in the process of going through the Euphoria 4.1 source and fixing all the documentation issues.

If you have Euphoria 4.1 installed, you can help. Here's how:

1. Search the tickets (search box in upper right corner of that page) to make sure your issue hasn't already been reported.
  2. If not, start a ticket
  3. In the Assigned To drop-down box, select "euphoric"
  4. In the Subject, just put the name of the include file or text file that needs to be modified (e.g., "maps.e" or "welcome.txt")
  5. In the Milestone, select 4.1.0
  6. In the Content, let me know what needs to be fixed!

I'll be able to mark those as complete, and we'll have a good record of all the needed changes.

DO NOT use the online documentation as your source for reporting errors. The online documentation is for Euphoria 4.0, so it does not apply here.

Thank you!

As an example, here are some tickets I created for two documentation issues.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Please Help With Updating Documentation

Hi

Is this the definitive and final guide on how to review / update the docs and examples?

If so can we remove the conflict for the first page of the Wiki which says you can review and update the documentation on the Wiki.

And what is the plan or method to keep the Wiki manual and the 'in source' docs synchronized. Will there be a nightly 'doc build'? Is that possible?

I agree editing should only be done in one place, and one person should be the 'master' and hold the master copy, but the online docs should reflect the downloaded docs accurately - this is generally my first port of call for reference.

Cheers

Chris

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Please Help With Updating Documentation

Hi,

Created a ticket, and got this error

Error Message

I am sorry, but an error occurred while processing your request.

Incorrect integer value: 'NULL' for column 'assigned_to_id' at row 1

and this is the ticket

https://i.imgur.com/Kg2Zr2Ml.jpg

Cheers

Chris

4. Re: Please Help With Updating Documentation

ChrisB said...

Created a ticket, and got this error

Error Message

I am sorry, but an error occurred while processing your request.

Incorrect integer value: 'NULL' for column 'assigned_to_id' at row 1

Thanks for the screen shot. I can see you're missing a few fields, one of which is "Assigned to" so that's defaulting to NULL. So many little things on this site are broken.

I guess you need "developer" access to create tickets, which I've granted to you now. Another thing to add to the list of features and fixes for the new website.

-Greg

5. Re: Please Help With Updating Documentation

Thanks.

Chris

6. Re: Please Help With Updating Documentation

As an example, here are some tickets I created for two documentation issues.

7. Re: Please Help With Updating Documentation

I have filed several tickets.

If you accept my suggested changes and demos, will anyone else have a chance to examine the updated doc page and comment or suggest better demos or things I have missed? Are you going to put the updated page(s) online?

8. Re: Please Help With Updating Documentation

irv said...

I have filed several tickets.

If you accept my suggested changes and demos, will anyone else have a chance to examine the updated doc page and comment or suggest better demos or things I have missed? Are you going to put the updated page(s) online?

I'll be doing at least one pass of the change log before building a final release. When a release is published, the new docs will go up on the site.

And then the next phase begins: upgrading the website with a new version to support the various changes and improvements we've discussed recently.

But before the docs can go "live" and be edited by anyone (or a specific subset of anyone) I think we need to have at least some basic workflow on how changes get made.

Otherwise, if we're all in there making changes willy-nilly, it'll turn into a total mess, and we'll be right back where we started.

-Greg

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu