1. On ruling out wxEuphoria (forked)

Forked from Re: [Poll] What editor do you prefer for Euphoria?

petelomax said...

Unfortunately I've ruled out wxEuphoria, as recently discussed, so I'm still looking for the right cross platform kit.

Pete,

I don't recall seeing this conversation, nor could I dig anything up via Search. Care to elaborate and/or point me in the right direction?

I'm not trying to defend wxEuphoria per se, but I am curious why you've ruled it out and/or what we can do to correct the problems you may have.

Thanks! smile

-Greg

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: On ruling out wxEuphoria (forked)

ghaberek said...

Forked from Re: [Poll] What editor do you prefer for Euphoria?

petelomax said...

Unfortunately I've ruled out wxEuphoria, as recently discussed, so I'm still looking for the right cross platform kit.

Pete,

I don't recall seeing this conversation, nor could I dig anything up via Search. Care to elaborate and/or point me in the right direction?

I'm not trying to defend wxEuphoria per se, but I am curious why you've ruled it out and/or what we can do to correct the problems you may have.

Thanks! smile

-Greg

Speaking only for myself, not for petelomax, my only problem with wxEuphoria is the installation of it is not automated. Other than that, it is wonderful. It has everything in it and excellent documentation.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: On ruling out wxEuphoria (forked)

Jerry_Story said...

Speaking only for myself, not for petelomax, my only problem with wxEuphoria is the installation of it is not automated. Other than that, it is wonderful. It has everything in it and excellent documentation.

Perhaps I should clarify. I mean installation on linux.

4. Re: On ruling out wxEuphoria (forked)

Jerry_Story said...
Jerry_Story said...

Do you think a deb or rpm package help with this? Or an extended repo/PPA?

-Greg

5. Re: On ruling out wxEuphoria (forked)

ghaberek said...
Jerry_Story said...
Jerry_Story said...

-Greg

I will leave that to the good judgement of the very smart people working on the wxEuphoria project. A deb file would work for me, because I run xubuntu, which uses deb files. But the people who download a wxEuphoria based program might be running non-deb distros.

6. Re: On ruling out wxEuphoria (forked)

Jerry_Story said...
ghaberek said...
Jerry_Story said...
Jerry_Story said...

-Greg

I will leave that to the good judgement of the very smart people working on the wxEuphoria project. A deb file would work for me, because I run xubuntu, which uses deb files. But the people who download a wxEuphoria based program might be running non-deb distros.

wxEuphoria runs great under Windows XP.

7. Re: On ruling out wxEuphoria (forked)

ghaberek said...

You were part of that conversation blink http://openeuphoria.org/forum/118428.wc#118428

Pete

8. Re: On ruling out wxEuphoria (forked)

petelomax said...
ghaberek said...

You were part of that conversation blink http://openeuphoria.org/forum/118428.wc#118428

Pete

This is what ghaberek actually said:
" I first need to get wxEuphoria to a "complete, stable, and released" state on wxWidgets 2.9. This affords us many more features which will make an IDE and a simple editor much easier to write, including wxStyledTextCtrl (the Scintilla editor component) and wxPropertyGrid. I'll probably end up rebuilding wxEditor first, because its functionality is really the "core" of the IDE. So you'll have your editor and an IDE, too! smile

-Greg"

9. Re: On ruling out wxEuphoria (forked)

petelomax said...

Ha, okay. I just wasn't sure what you were referring to originally. pleased

And yes, it sure is a lot of work. But I'm working on a couple tools to ease the burden and/or pain of managing it all. An update for wxEuphoria should be available by year's end, with some bug fixes and new classes. Then work will begin on separating everything back out to separate include files, which will (hopefully) reduce the loading time and memory footprint of the entire library.

Sigh. All in due time, I suppose... getlost

-Greg

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu