1. Euphoria to C

I am new to Euphoria and I am attempting to use the translator and the bundled compiler.

This fails as follows:

C:\DOCUME~1\Jesse\Desktop\euphoria\blue>euc run-me.ex Translating code, pass: 1 run-me.ex:158 <0294>:: 'pixel' is not supported in this platform <end-of-file> ^:

After cleaning up the generated files that remain I tried this:

C:\DOCUME~1\Jesse\Desktop\euphoria\blue>ec run-me.ex 10 .c files were created. To build your .exe file, type: emake C:\DOCUME~1\Jesse\Desktop\euphoria\blue>emake compiling with WATCOM main-.c run-me.c file.c machine.c delay.c image.c graphics.c dos-io.c load-van.c load-van.c(65): Error! E1151: Parameter count does not agree with previous defin ition load-van.c(65): Note! N2002: 'EOpen' defined in: C:\euphoria4\include\euphoria.h (201) init-.c linking Error! E2008: cannot open load-van.obj : No such file or directory Error! E2008: cannot open C:\euphoria4\bin\ec.lib : No such file or directory ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────── LE to 3P Converter v2.02 Copyright 1994-96 Michael Devore; all rights reserved. ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────── Reading specified LE file. Could not open specified LE file. ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────── CauseWay Compressor 3.01 Copyright 1993-96 Michael Devore; all rights reserved. ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────── Could not find any files.:

So I also tried the following:

C:\DOCUME~1\Jesse\Desktop\euphoria\blue>ecw run-me.ex 10 .c files were created. To build your .exe file, type: emake C:\DOCUME~1\Jesse\Desktop\euphoria\blue>emake compiling with WATCOM main-.c run-me.c file.c machine.c delay.c image.c graphics.c dos-io.c load-van.c load-van.c(65): Error! E1151: Parameter count does not agree with previous defin ition load-van.c(65): Note! N2002: 'EOpen' defined in: C:\euphoria4\include\euphoria.h (201) init-.c linking Error! E2008: cannot open load-van.obj : No such file or directory Error! E2008: cannot open C:\euphoria4\bin\ecw.lib : No such file or directory:

Version 3.1 gives me similar results. Will someone help me? I would like to see Euphoria working before I invest more time in it.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Euphoria to C

Jesse said...

I am new to Euphoria and I am attempting to use the translator and the bundled compiler.

What version of 4.0 did you try? I think 4.0 beta 3 has the pixel() bug fixed.

Alternatively, add these three lines to the top of run-me.ex :

global procedure pixel(object x1, sequence s) 
x1 = s 
end procedure 

That should work around the issue with pixel in the translator.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Euphoria to C

I got the newer version from sourceforge. euc created a non-functional executable file. ec and ecw produced similiar errors as before. The effect of adding the code suggested was to make the run-me.ex file produce errors and no longer function. The translation attempts also failed predictably.

Some suggestions and a request: Modify the downloads page. Remove the files and simply link to sourceforge and rapideuphoria. Create an area on the website for people to list programs that have been made to work with each specific version of the sdk. Regardless of the version on hand, any developer will be greatly assisted in finding programs and libraries that they can use. Please suggest a working, translatable, and compilable, program that I and other new users can use to get a demonstration of the benefits of translation.

Thanks for the quick reply jimcbrown,

4. Re: Euphoria to C

Jesse said...

I got the newer version from sourceforge. euc created a non-functional executable file. ec and ecw produced similiar errors as before. The effect of adding the code suggested was to make the run-me.ex file produce errors and no longer function. The translation attempts also failed predictably.

I would like to see the contents of the run-me.ex file. But it sounds like you are trying to use a DOS program, which is no longer supported.

Jesse said...

Some suggestions and a request: Modify the downloads page. Remove the files and simply link to sourceforge and rapideuphoria.

If you look closely at http://oe.cowgar.com/downloads/index.wc you will see that this is already the case. (An exception is 4.0 beta 3, which has not been formally released yet despite having been placed on sourceforge.net ... everything else is done except for updating oe.cowgar.com to reflect the release of beta 3.)

Jesse said...

Please suggest a working, translatable, and compilable, program that I and other new users can use to get a demonstration of the benefits of translation.

For starters, multiple demos are included in the beta 2 and beta 3 sources.

Jesse said...

Create an area on the website for people to list programs that have been made to work with each specific version of the sdk. Regardless of the version on hand, any developer will be greatly assisted in finding programs and libraries that they can use.

This is undeniably one of the greatest weaknesses of the current web sites. A format for describing compatibility with different Euphoria versions was proposed on the rapideuphoria website in the descriptions section but this is entirely voluntary and not required.

Forked into: Euphoria Demos

5. Re: Euphoria to C

My suggestions were intended to help the site, not to criticize it. You are correct, the links are present on the download page, but I maintain that the old files are actually just a chore for the site maintainer and potentially a disservice to the language if the old versions that are presented do not work.

You are correct. The demo I was attempting to translate is a DOS script. You can get it here:

http://www.rapideuphoria.com/blue.zip

Thank you again,

6. Re: Euphoria to C

Jesse said...

My suggestions were intended to help the site, not to criticize it. You are correct, the links are present on the download page, but I maintain that the old files are actually just a chore for the site maintainer and potentially a disservice to the language if the old versions that are presented do not work.

I see I misunderstood. You are right. I think there is merit to the view that we should only have one link to the general sourceforge download page.

7. Re: Euphoria to C

Jesse said...

You are correct. The demo I was attempting to translate is a DOS script. You can get it here:

I haven't looked at your code, but if the DOS reliance is for DOS graphics, you might try out the dos rescue that Rob Craig wrote. I think he released a special version of langwars that had it.

Matt

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu