Re: Euphoria to C

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Jesse said...

I got the newer version from sourceforge. euc created a non-functional executable file. ec and ecw produced similiar errors as before. The effect of adding the code suggested was to make the run-me.ex file produce errors and no longer function. The translation attempts also failed predictably.

I would like to see the contents of the run-me.ex file. But it sounds like you are trying to use a DOS program, which is no longer supported.

Jesse said...

Some suggestions and a request: Modify the downloads page. Remove the files and simply link to sourceforge and rapideuphoria.

If you look closely at http://oe.cowgar.com/downloads/index.wc you will see that this is already the case. (An exception is 4.0 beta 3, which has not been formally released yet despite having been placed on sourceforge.net ... everything else is done except for updating oe.cowgar.com to reflect the release of beta 3.)

Jesse said...

Please suggest a working, translatable, and compilable, program that I and other new users can use to get a demonstration of the benefits of translation.

For starters, multiple demos are included in the beta 2 and beta 3 sources.

Jesse said...

Create an area on the website for people to list programs that have been made to work with each specific version of the sdk. Regardless of the version on hand, any developer will be greatly assisted in finding programs and libraries that they can use.

This is undeniably one of the greatest weaknesses of the current web sites. A format for describing compatibility with different Euphoria versions was proposed on the rapideuphoria website in the descriptions section but this is entirely voluntary and not required.

Forked into: Euphoria Demos

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu