1. new word?

While looking thru eu4 docs, i found this line:

• New task.e extending the multitasking proitives of Euphoria

But i don't know what a "proitive" is, so i don't know if it's wrong or right. What is it?

useless

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: new word?

useless said...

But i don't know what a "proitive" is

the docs aren't regenerated and uploaded automatically. that now reads, New task.e extending the multitasking capabilities of Euphoria

someone reported the problem (you?) and it was fixed in svn.
[2009-05-29 03:03:36] <+useless-afk> proitives : no such word

here is another

9.5.1.2 map

... Technically, those are maps of the category of finite sets quotiented by equality of cradinal.

see also has a bad link, [[:reverse_map],

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: new word?

ne1uno said...
useless said...

But i don't know what a "proitive" is

the docs aren't regenerated and uploaded automatically. that now reads, New task.e extending the multitasking capabilities of Euphoria

someone reported the problem (you?) and it was fixed in svn.
[2009-05-29 03:03:36] <+useless-afk> proitives : no such word

here is another

9.5.1.2 map

... Technically, those are maps of the category of finite sets quotiented by equality of cradinal.

see also has a bad link, [[:reverse_map],

Yes, i reported both of those. And Jeremy sent me the source that the html and such is built from, and those were NOT corrected in it.

Is there yet another separate editing going on, making what i am doing for the 2nd time useless?

useless

4. Re: new word?

ne1uno said...

Doh, buggy bug report. cradinal was already fixed too.

5. Re: new word?

ne1uno said...
ne1uno said...

Doesn't answer my question.

useless

6. Re: new word?

useless said...

Yes, i reported both of those. And Jeremy sent me the source that the html and such is built from, and those were NOT corrected in it.

Is there yet another separate editing going on, making what i am doing for the 2nd time useless?

useless

Maybe he forgot to do an svn update before sending you the source, thus missing out on ne1uno's changes?

7. Re: new word?

jimcbrown said...
useless said...

useless

Maybe he forgot to do an svn update before sending you the source, thus missing out on ne1uno's changes?

So the last 5 hrs of editing were a waste of time. Great. I cannot win.

useless

8. Re: new word?

useless said...

So the last 5 hrs of editing were a waste of time. Great. I cannot win.

useless

You found new fixes, so the time spent was useful.

9. Re: new word?

useless said...

Kat,
I had made the corrections to the docs. I didn't know that anyone else was working on it and certainly didn't expect someone to be doing fixes without using the SVN respository.

I've actually created a spelling checker tool for the project. It's not quite ready for release yet but it works fairly well - it found dozens of spelling mistakes.

10. Re: new word?

DerekParnell said...
useless said...

Kat,
I had made the corrections to the docs. I didn't know that anyone else was working on it and certainly didn't expect someone to be doing fixes without using the SVN respository.

I've actually created a spelling checker tool for the project. It's not quite ready for release yet but it works fairly well - it found dozens of spelling mistakes.

Jeremy sent me the source files yesterday, i worked on those. If you want what i have done so far, it's at

http://designerthinking.com/temp/eudocs.rar

Four comments:

New task.e extending the multitasking proitives of Euphoria

[00:17] <useless-afk> is this correct syntax? :
[00:17] <useless-afk> crash("sequence:vslice(): colno should be a valid index on the %d-th element, but was %d", {i,colno})

[00:42] <useless-afk> euphoria.txt and refman_2.txt have the following: FuncA funcA ; FuncE funcE and i dunno which is correct

[22:46] <useless-afk> wtf is "category of finite sets quotiented by equality of cradinal."
[22:47] * useless-afk deltes the entire line

useless,
and sorry for doing it all wrong again.

11. Re: new word?

useless said...

Kat, what I sent to you can easily be merged into the real files w/o issue and w/o loosing anyones edits, with almost zero human interaction. You are not doing anything wrong, just keep at it fixing what you find in your files.

If you fix a word mistake saying "Hello, Wrld, How are you doing?" and someone else fixes it but decides on changing the string totally, "Hey, What's up world?!", then when a merge takes place, the software says "Hey, there is conflict. It was changed in two locations, here are the two options.... Which one do you want?" A human then decides. It's no big deal, really.

Jeremy

12. Re: new word?

ne1uno said...
ne1uno said...

Um, what I sent her was from the latest doc sources. Are you sure these are fixed?

Jeremy

13. Re: new word?

DerekParnell said...

Kat,

She is doing fixes sent from my computer. I will take those files back in and apply via SVN. She is not using SVN directly, but they will be merged by svn for sure.

Jeremy

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu