Re: Win32lib additions [3]

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

{{{ I dont understand Derek,

I'll just continue to make the change to Win32lib on my own and for those who want to gain a bit of speed set window_handle as global so you can use the [internal] Win32lib sequence like this:

ListLV = create(ListView, "",hWnd, x1, y1,x2, y2, flags) hListLV window_handle[ListLV] later when messages are needed to be sent VOID = w32Func( xSendMessage, {hListLV, etc..etc

instead of having to process hundreds of lines in Win32lib trying to send a simple message.

Im not saying you arent right Derek about good programming practice but when speed counts and it does, why not use something Win32lib [internally] uses on a regular basis. Are you saying we arent smart enough to use this sequence? never mind, just on a soapbox...

Euman

--- Original Message From: "Derek Parnell" <ddparnell at bigpond.com>

--- Original Message
To: "EUforum" <EUforum at topica.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 10:05 PM
Subject: Win32lib additions [3]

Hello again Derek,

Could you change this in Win32lib?

make [window_handle] a global sequence

controls > global sequence > window_handle hwnd of controls

sequence
window_handle_type, Type of handle > window_destroyed, true if destroyed
etc...etc

---------- > Derek replies.... > Absolutely NOT! This is against good programming practices as it opens up > the library to changes that it cannot control. If you need access to the > values in this fields, you can ALREADY do that by calling the > getControlInfo() routine.

lValues = getControlInfo(myWin,
{CONTROLINFO_handle,
CONTROLINFO_handle_type,
CONTROLINFO_destroyed
})
will return a sequence containing the three requested values.

However, if you just want the handle info you can use the (undocumented)
getHWND(id) function. Or the function getHandles() to get every handle that
win32lib has.

I will not expose anymore variables as global - there are too many already
exposed.

----- > Derek.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu