Re: IPC

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

{{{ On Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:54:07 +0000, jordah ferguson <jorfergie03 at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Thomas,

This is a beauty you have coded. thanx
jordah... off to vote

I'll second that. I've just coded up single instance handling for the editor. If you have edit[1] running and start another edit[2], eg by clicking on a file in explorer, edit[2] recognises that and passes the command line parameter as a message to edit[1] which opens the file as indicated in the message and then returns the appropriate hwnd so that edit[2] can force edit[1] to foreground. Very nice.

I tried to get round another problem with system_exec() stopping my program dead until the invoked program returned, with the idea that test.exw could send run.exw a message to call system_exec(), then hopefully run.exw would be stopped but test.exw could carry on until run.exw sent it a message indicating the result code. If anyone would like to peruse my efforts and/or make a suggestion, they can find the results of todays efforts at (fourth entry on the page) http://palacebuilders.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/euphoria.html

One other small point I noticed was that it appears that if you change a procedure to a function, you kindof need to reboot the machine to get ipc working properly again. No biggie, really. Of course it could have been an error on my part as I made run.exw an invisible process & if that had got stuck running in the background somehow, that would explain why it kept on insisting on using WM_CALLPROC instead of FUNC.

Pete

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu