Re: inpout32

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
katsmeow said...
ghaberek said...

Ultimately, I do intend to work on getting Euphoria running on hobby microcontroller boards like Arduino, Pi Pico, and ESP32, but to do that we need either a lightweight interpreter that can run directly on the device, or a specialized translator that can output the correct. It would be worthwhile to model this after CircuitPython or its upstream project MicroPython.

-Greg

While that's a great goal, i am thinking a nice idea would be to use a win/nix/dos desktop/laptop as a main interface, to have graphics, bulk storage, data munging, internet access, and single point access to multiple sources. Surely a dumb remote can dump data upstream to a smarter terminal, Ryan at least got the dumb 3-pin serial device to talk to a Raspi, which displayed and logged and sorted and ran OE and was on the ethernet. I assumed, obviously incorrectly, the same raspi could have sensed switch closures and analog voltages (from light sensors, pressure sensors, etc)..

Starting a huge new project to run another 10 years to maybe put OE on a micro which doesn't have the megabytes to hold OE/OS/data, seems like drilling down too deeply, like using a microscope to buy car tires. And then the tires don't fit that car's rims, and the rims don't fit the car.

Kat

Indeed. Trying to get Eu/Phix running on the FT232H board itself is just plain daft. What/all you want on that is a tiny bit of Python (say) doing the basic on/off and relaying sensor readings, that Eu/Phix can talk to. It plain don't need no "logic" or "tweakability" itself, iygmd. Maybe later we might want to unplug the PC in which case that might change, but that is not the immediate target, and even then the easy route would be to generate some python (or whatever) source code.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu