Re: inpout32

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ghaberek said...

Ultimately, I do intend to work on getting Euphoria running on hobby microcontroller boards like Arduino, Pi Pico, and ESP32, but to do that we need either a lightweight interpreter that can run directly on the device, or a specialized translator that can output the correct. It would be worthwhile to model this after CircuitPython or its upstream project MicroPython.

-Greg

While that's a great goal, i am thinking a nice idea would be to use a win/nix/dos desktop/laptop as a main interface, to have graphics, bulk storage, data munging, internet access, and single point access to multiple sources. Surely a dumb remote can dump data upstream to a smarter terminal, Ryan at least got the dumb 3-pin serial device to talk to a Raspi, which displayed and logged and sorted and ran OE and was on the ethernet. I assumed, obviously incorrectly, the same raspi could have sensed switch closures and analog voltages (from light sensors, pressure sensors, etc)..

Starting a huge new project to run another 10 years to maybe put OE on a micro which doesn't have the megabytes to hold OE/OS/data, seems like drilling down too deeply, like using a microscope to buy car tires. And then the tires don't fit that car's rims, and the rims don't fit the car.

Kat

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu