Re: inpout32

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...
katsmeow said...

i put down money to Ryan on the problem

I am confused because he couldn't do it,

others either couldn't or simply haven't done it.

Collectively you all have put more time and effort into saying "no" or "why?" than doing it.

We all knew already the same thing that Ryan learned the hard way. If it was easily doable (direct hardware access on modern Windoze), wouldn't have someone done it by now?

That was not the problem. The raspi runs it's native nix flavor.

Ryan took the approach of the raspi being an intelligent i/o chip, handling multiple protocols, and in communication with the wintel box (or a nix or apple box) via the lan. I agreed very much. I bought a set of raspi with all the bells and whistles, following Ry's (good) suggestions. Advantage of this approach is the desktop/laptop functioning as the human interface can be shut down, the raspi making elementary decisions and logging data, while consuming very little power. I looked at the code because Ryan didn't finish the request, i got very lost very fast, got no answers, unplugged it. While it did access the temperature sensors, proving the attic fans needed to be turned on/off as necessary, the raspi could not operate the fan. Etc.

I believe we discussed this, you probably have the discourse urls memorised.

Kat

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu