Re: Mind blowingly impressive.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
katsmeow said...

I wanna plug stuff into the computer, read it, think about it, and then write my decision back to it. Like, if a transponder i carry is outside, the computer can turn off all the lights inside? If the attic is 120 degrees, turn on a vent fan? If there's hail, cover the solar panels? If the rain water cistern is full, stop filling it? Freaking simple i/o done in the 1980's,

I paid someone to set up a raspi to read roof temperatures,

The stand-alone module like a raspi i agree with, given it's design with so many i/o pins, run control software on a 5w battery and not a 150w desktop computer, but as it is now, neither is useful in the real world.

I guess you weren't able to get ahold of the Ultimate64 after all? https://openeuphoria.org/forum/m/138250.wc

Or perhaps you did, but there was some other limitation on the Ultimate64 itself that prevent the modern C64 from working well with today's requirements?

katsmeow said...

but seemingly impossible on modern hardware and OE?

The way i figure it now, if OE devs wanted OE to be useful in the real world, there'd already be i/o to hardware.

And it's a nix board, and as a 6 year old, i don't do nix.

Kat

Well, OE does i/o to hardware, but to do it, you'd have to do nix.

Edit: Alas, for the other OS, well, we have these sage words:

katsmeow said...

Trying to write out through windows just seems impossible, what with no one doing it.

Source: https://openeuphoria.org/forum/m/138181.wc

katsmeow said...

I paid someone to set up a raspi to read roof temperatures, but that is all it does. It cannot turn on a fan. It cannot read anything else.

Well of course it could ... but you'd likely have to pay more to get this done. Or else learn nix to be able to do it yourself.

From ultimate64.com it looks like they will end their holiday at the end of this month and start accepting orders again in a few days, so maybe it's still not too late to get in on this.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu