Re: Hypatia 3.0

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...

Me?? I mean, you're the one that keeps responding with unrelated ancedotes about dogs and stuff.

Well, maybe one last response..

katsmeow said...

Re the dogs, a subject Euphoric rode me for years about on this forum, well, last year six of them killed and ate all his goats, and then in November one dog topped it off by killing his 3 month old human grandson.

jimcbrown said...

Yeah, somehow I don't think any of this happened to C. K. Lester. I must be parsing wrong.

On a re-read I think you meant that this happened to the neighbor (owner of said dogs) rather than to Euphoric. The goats thing is quite plausible.

I'd regard the unfortunate grandson as less plausible. It'd be a news worthy event if known publicly, and while things like https://www.bostonherald.com/2022/12/03/two-weeks-later-many-unanswered-questions-remain-about-babies-found-frozen-in-south-boston/ and the Fritzl case do exist to prove that events like this can surive unreported for long periods of time, I still think a healthy dose of skepticism would be understandable. Extra-ordinary claims require extra-ordinary evidence, as the saying goes...

Furthermore, the same thing actually happened in Alamaba, in the same month, and was publicly reported and made the news (see https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/3-month-old-killed-by-family-s-wolf-hybrid-pet-in-tragic-attack-alabama-officials-say/ar-AA1kRhRU ) - but at a location I have pegged at something like half an hour to an hour and a half away from you. So this happened not once, but twice in the same month in the same state, and only one of them made the news? (Granted your case was probably a regular dog and not the wolf-hybrid mentioned in the story.)

Sure, it's not totally impossible, but again, as the saying goes...

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu