Re: Hypatia 3.0

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...
katsmeow said...

Like me talking about cell phone in 1975,

jimcbrown said...

Luckily folks like Martin Cooper of Motorola were way ahead of you back on 1973/04/03.

I wasn't in any position to compete with anyone, but i knew such a thing was possible, i had read nothing on feasability.

jimcbrown said...
katsmeow said...

Mobile radio transmission was frequently handed off between fixed land stations routinely with aircraft and ships,

Sounds more like a bigger beefier version of walkie talkies. This differs fromm what Martin Cooper did in 1973 (being able to successfully dial a number on a prototype mobile phone and have a conversation with someone on a landline).

I cannot imagine TWA (for example) buying aircraft and talking to airport towers on "beefy walkie talkies".

I'll bet Martin Cooper was not the first, considering "ham" radio. But i wasn't concerned with "one of the trancievers in the communication being mobile*, i was timing distances passing by a land radio on the interstate, spacing of towers needed, the ERP needed, etc.. I was also being laughed at.

jimcbrown said...
katsmeow said...

Were you .. in 1975?

Only if I could go and pull a Mary Sutton.

Still, interesting questions. I'll extend these to ask if *anyone* from that year fit the bill.

Well, i did ask you. Re Mary Sutton, i'm waiting on the movie.

How about more recent, did you develop and use and demo to others, a prepared capsaicin spray that did not act like Mace, and did eliminate pain on human skin that barely tolerated touch, tell a pharmacist, who quickly retired and went to work for a new biotech firm, which then , you prolly know the end of that story? Much like strtok.e and irc.e, i got squat.

Kat

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu