Re: pastebin crash

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
katsmeow said...

It uploaded, but the text formatting is way off in places,

That kinda makes sense, considering how different a web forum environment is from the text consoles of heydays past.

katsmeow said...

and one control code is not displaying.

Kat

That's worse than having it replaced by a ? I suppose - a casual reader might not even realize something is missing.

katsmeow said...

Pete got it right,

+1

katsmeow said...

I spose i could intentionally trash those lines, since the site and the intended environment to run the code no longer exists anyhow...

Kat

Or you could preserve them in this thread. I mean they've lasted this long. Either way.

I'm a bit surprised that it works fine in the forum but not in pastebin actually.

katsmeow said...

The olde mirc versions used 8bit "control codes", I used a dos console to display, which was nice enough to have a multiple screen line entry partition with word wrap. It was quite sufficient for a bot, and could use mirc solely as a scriptable "plug-in" gui.

Ah yes, makes perfect sense now!

katsmeow said...

For a time, "leet" non-english characters were the rage with some people. This was bad enough i wrote a translator to convert that to english too.

Kat

Smart move. Reminds me of that judge who found rap slang so unreadable as to comment that it should be a different language.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu