Re: I think I got Callbacks now?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ghaberek said...

I really wish library authors would do better to give names to parameters even when they're optional. It goes a long way towards helping consumers of those libraries understand how to use it.

Oh that rings so true. Can't quite remember now but last week I was staring at the GTK docs and a "fill" parameter, and in about seven different places it said something like "The fill parameter contains the fill setting for the control." I still have absolutely no idea what it was - a bool, an enum, a width, a colour... My pet hate is "heredoc", wherever I see "it's better than nothing" I just plead back at the screen NO IT ******* **** ****** ISN'T. I fondly remember the beautiful docs Rob and Juno produced that just oozed care and attention out of every line, and trust me I know full well how much time and effort that can absorb, but I just want to cry when faced with something like this (a completely random link from the index) - and I mean who exactly does that actually help, ever?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu