Re: Code Bounty

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
katsmeow said...

This is an area of discussion i did not bring up.

Why do you insist on dragging threads so far off-topic?

IMVHO, it doesn't seem very off-topic.

k: I want to do X by using Y. i: Maybe doing X using Z would be easier or cheaper.

Even if it turns out that it's not true that Z is easier or cheaper, or if Z can't be considered for some other reason, it's not off-topic to raise that suggestion.

katsmeow said...

"Cost" is more than just money cost.

Agreed in full. Hey, it's your time and effort, so you should be the one who gets to decide how to spend it.

katsmeow said...

I do not feel all that compelled to list every freaking detail that might possibly influence a decision, ranked by your criteria.

I am not going to put mustard on my cheeseburger no matter how cheap it is to buy, and i am not telling you my "excuse" for that.

Agreed - if you don't want to share the reasoning behind it, that's your right. After all, this is your project.

You already know this, but to state the obvious for any folks who might be reading this - by not sharing the reasons behind these decisions, it makes it somewhat harder for those of us trying to help or offering suggestions to offer smart ones. But that's simply the price one pays, and I think katsmeow's decision here is reasonable.

irv said...

Ethernet hubs are ~ $15 new, and free at your local thrift store or from the dumpster at computer stores. Way cheaper than a Raspberry Pi.

The natural counterpoint is - "But I already bought the Raspberry Pi with the last of my allowance - and I need that Pi to finish my homework - so now I don't even have a single penny left to buy that other dohickey."

katsmeow said...

And btw, the local thrift store would sometimes

Sorry for taking this a little bit off-topic, but from the brief overview that you have, it sounds like your local thrift store is a lot dumber than the ones irv visits. I'd go out on a limb here and even raise the question, how is it possible for a business that dumb to stay in business?

Actually, scratch that, I'm not surprised. Never be surprised by how easily some businesses can survive their own incompetence.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu