Re: SDL_GetMouseState - Solved

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Hi Andy

Thankyou.

Just to let you know, I'm currently working my way through Lazyfoo's tutorial (up to 19, skipped a few, now working on 24), but along the way I've had to make some drastic changes to your library. Namely going through every file and changing the passing of a type (SDL_Rect) to the wrapped function to a pointer (to the SDL_Rect for instance), adding in directly accessing the SDL_Event union to find various bits and pieces of activity, adding in in the missing includes into SDL.e, and replacing the joystick functions with Mics (updated) joystick include (much much easier to use, and couldn't get the SDL libs to work), and SDL_mixer's function for sound with your SoLoud library (works very nicely thanks). Could have used fmod, but the license is a bit convoluted.

Please please please don't think I'm I'm putting down your not inconsiderable work to produce the wrappers, but the corrections I've made means I've got a (nearly) fully functional SDL wrapper now.

Taking this forward, I'm going to write a wrapper for this to make SDL use even easier, (harking back to Aku's Musubi for SDL1), and hopefully producing a game creation system that'll introduce Eu to new programmers. I'm going to call it EDL (Easy sDL), to move all the sound opening, sprite and graphic opening operations to the background, yet still maintaining the ability to use SDL in it's 'raw' form.

eg handle = EDL_openBackground("graphic.jpg")
EDL_bltBackground(handle)

and that's it your background will be displayed.

I'm also going to make a recommendation that SDL be included in the standard Euphoria distribution now, whether EDL is included or not, as let's face it SDL is the de facto graphic library for game creation and other gaphical stuff.

Cheers

Chris

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu