Re: Building Euphoria from source - without Euphoria

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
gdm85 said...

...right now it gives some error with Ubuntu 22 LTS...

What is this "some error" that you're receiving? If you could list of the steps you're running and the specific error messages, I could certainly try to help.

Currently I build Euphoria on Ubuntu 20.04 so you might want to start with that. You will need Euphoria 4.1 installed to create translated sources.

Also if you're not familiar with GNU Make, Euphoria isn't the best project to jump into as our Makefile is currently very complicated and difficult to follow.

gdm85 said...

Would anyone be interested in helping out to achieve this?

I'm very interested in getting this done, but in the list of priorities it's pretty low right now. The build process is currently tied to several things:

• having an existing translator to create new translated sources
  • creating translated sources specific to each targeted platform
  • configure is a hand-coded Bash script for setting build flags
  • Makefile is very recursive and dependent on all of the above

And that's going to be the way it is until those things get worked out. Shawn's making efforts to improve that and I will make improvements as I can as well.

But right now my priority is to get the new features that I need completed so I can get a release out the door.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu