Re: Allegro Wrapper?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
petelomax said...
Icy_Viking said...

I also took a look at the GTK port of Windows, its a little behind the Linux version, but not by much. Though I don't think there would be much use for a GTK wrapper on Windows.

One thing I am (idly) contemplating is a new cross-platform gui:

• On Windows it would target winAPI, as per Arwen (but 32 and 64 bit)
  • On Linux it would target GTK (and assume .so are already installed)
  • For compatibility with p2js, it would use a box model for layout.

Obviously that's a pretty big ask, and I'm still trying to cobble together a flexbox-compatible proof of concept,
in other words resizing a window automatically "space-evenly"'s the contents, expanded to 100% width/height,
and it would target only a fairly specific subset of that CSS functionality, with no attempt to use/implement CSS.

I only mention it because a winAPI/GTK toggle on Windows is a bit of a must-have for testing and development purposes.

Well I think an overhaul of the win32lib for newer versions of Windows would be great. I may wrap or attempt to wrap GTK for Windows if I get super bored. I've been itching to work on another Euphoria project.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu