Re: Euphoria code on Github

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Icy_Viking said...

So I can use .e and .ex even for Windows related Euphoria programs now? I think its just a habit from using older versions of Euphoria. But if I can only use .e and .ex then that's cool.

The way I see it we just have the two extensions: .e indicates an include file and .ex indicates a program file. If you run a .e file it should maybe perform some self-initialization (like loading a DLL) but otherwise exit cleanly without performing any action. And if you run a .ex file, you should expect it to do something, even if that's just to print its command line usage and exit.

One exception to this might be Windows graphical applications that are run with euiw.exe so you might associate .exw to that executable. But even then, I'd recommend developing those with eui.exe in a console and then only using euiw.exe when "installing" the program or better yet, translate it to its own graphical executable.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu