Re: Rosetta Code mic drop

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
_tom said...

I created a pcan page.

Just some starting ideas. Sorry about messing up pcan.

be well

_tom

No worries. I've restored the create page and moved your content to http://phix.x10.mx/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.Tom-lwn

I've changed the styling to match LWN a bit better, I expect to be called on in that regard again.
I am a bit worried about the "story". It certainly needs a few nice pictures and some online links, and the wow factor.

Here's a little snippet I just now felt compelled to write:
Phix is a deliberately simple language, which poses some challenges when presented with tasks such as closures.
Phix goes against the grain by not supporting many programming facilities usually taken for granted, in this case
on the grounds that such "hidden data" may make debugging much more difficult. Another is that while you can
of course leave some components unaltered for maintainability, the notion that things must not be modified
because re-compilation is so appallingly slow, simply does not apply. Another is "extreme generic code" which
you simply cannot comprehend what it is doing by reading it.

I've also added a case study: multiline shebang to the above page.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu