Re: Is Phix the new de facto standard for Eu programmers?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

I don't know the answer. Just getting that out there to set the scene. Also, I am very biased, having had a lot to do with the evolution of OpenEuphoria. And another thing, I'm not anywhere near as well versed on Phix.

I wanted to work on the making of OpenEuphoria because of two main things; RDS Euphoria was such a drop-dead gorgeous language that it deserves being used. Secondly, one of the more important purposes of programming languages is to present human-readable programs. RDS was not quite there, and OE is on its way to making the act of programming easier to make code that has clarity. And no, it's not there yet either, but I haven't given up on it. When I retire from paid employment, which is not far away now, I wish to help OE continue to evolve.

This rant probably doesn't help you much, but from my distant perspective, Phix is closer to RDS than where I'd like OE to be.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu