Re: wikipedia draft

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
euphoric said...

I read the criticism of the article (by the Wiki editor) and disagree completely. Pete is the best source for telling us what Phix is, of course.

No, the points made are all perfectly fair. I may indeed know it better than anyone else, but I am by definition the very last person on the planet to have a neutral point of view.

euphoric said...

To me, the article sounded matter-of-fact, not at all like an advertisement.

It needs more brutal honesty, eg
It does not (although most can be emulated) directly support lambda expressions, closures, nested functions, currying, partial function application, function composition, function prototyping, monads, generators, anonymouse recursion, the Y combinator, aspect oriented programming, interfaces, delegates, first class environments, implicit type conversion (of the destructive kind), interactive programming, inverted syntax, list comprehensions, metaprogramming, pointers (other than to raw allocated memory), topic variables, enforced singletons, safe mode, s-expressions, or formal proof construction.

Sure, there's b****r all on that list I would ever miss and we can deride them as much as we like on this forum, but not on wp.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu