Re: Considerations For A GUI Library for Euphoria

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
irv said...

1. There is no webview (built-in web browser component). So a program like the Bear would need to link to a separate browser.

The Windows build of wxWebView just uses Internet Explorer, but at least it's available, for what it's worth, I guess. (I mean, IE, really?)

irv said...

2. mime types don't work - but that's probably my fault, someone who understands more about how Windows uses mime types could probably point the way to a fix for that.

This is no surprise since mime type detection on Windows is a hot mess. Mime types have always been a second-class citizen on Windows.

irv said...

In addition, there are several demos which use common support programs (grep, for example), which come factory stock on most Linux platforms, but not on Windows. This is only a problem for the demos. If you're writing a program for Windows, you should be able to find a grep replacement, and call that instead.

Is this something that could be replaced with the built-in regex or wildcard routines?

irv said...

One more, which is a problem with my computer or Windows installation, I guess - mine always thinks I am in Belize.
(I'm not, darn it!).
So the money formatting is broken (and I have found no way to convince Windows that I am NOT in Belize!)

Is it just GTK that thinks you're in Belize, or Windows as a whole?

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu