Re: GUI libraries

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
_tom said...

The big incompatibility is the Euphoria map library. Maybe Pete can take a quick look to see if his tree equivalent can be make to work.

The only thing I use maps for is to make define_c_func/proc calls a little cleaner. That can be reverted back to a normal approach pretty simply. I may just remove it.

_tom said...

You have to write your own window closing sub-program since clicking the `x` of an open window is not enough to close the window or close the application.

I've been tinkering with doing this automatically and I think I've got something put together that works. It will be in my next release, date still TBD.

_tom said...

The existing tk/tcl interface works by letting you write tk/tcl code (in the style of tk/tcl) within Euphoria and sending it to a running tk interpreter.

Blarg. That's gross. AFAIK, Tk is actually a C library and should be usable directly. I've not dug into that very much.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu