Re: Question re: testing platforms

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
euphoric said...
ghaberek said...

I'm wondering if we should drop 32-bit support altogether. It would certainly slim down steps to getting out a release.

I'm personally not against this, but won't it kill some of our big libs, like Win32Lib?

Regardless, I'm not against this. smile

I have a few questions about this: is it even feasible to update Win32Lib to Win64Lib? My impression is that Microsoft adds functions to Windows at a rate that would take a large crew just to keep up, much less to convert that old code. We don't have a crew, large or otherwise. Corrections welcome.

Secondly, is there any demand for a windows "wrapper" that can't be met by existing (and maintained by others) packages like wxWindows, etc? If not, then Win32Lib can go into the History pages, along with great thanks and much appreciation. I made some money using Win32Lib, at a time when it was hard to come up with enough spare cash to buy a licensed copy of Euphoria. VisualBasic - fuggettaboutit! smile

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu