Re: Compile broken after upgrading to Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
irv said...

Well, I can't see how anything could have gone wrong, since I just installed directly from the download. Neither Ubuntu 18.04 nor Mint 19 (Tina), downloaded yesterday, come with gcc installed, but Mint allows you to apt-get it easily enough.

Weird. I downloaded and installed the server version of Ubuntu Bionic (18.04.2) and it came with gcc installed.

irv said...

Ubuntu forgot to include the repos for gcc, so you have to edit hidden files manually to add them.

Again, apt-get seems to work for me. You said other people have reported this, but I can't find any references on the web. If you have any links about the problem, I'd be interested in reading them.

irv said...

Ubuntu also does not allow you to associate *.ex programs with Euphoria (eui) without a great hassle editing hidden text files and disabling another editor. Mint allows that just by right clicking, selecting properties/open with, and choosing eui. Ubuntu 18 disables the open with button. Only Ubuntu "approved" programs can be associated with your files.

Pretty sad, really.

Since I'm using the server version I can't test this. But I can't find any references on the web, the closest is https://askubuntu.com/questions/1030019/ but that refers to the developmental version of Bionic (so I'm guessing before the official release).

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu