Re: Move to github?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
mollusk said...

I would really like to see Euphoria thrive among the more popular languages. In my opinion sourceforge is dead when you consider how popular Github and other version control solutions are. I found this but I'm not sure if it's legit. As for as I know, sourceforge doesn't offer git which means the developers of Euhporia wouldn't be used to it but I think migrating commits (if possible) to git and hosting on github will help the project gain more contributors.

it wouldn't hurt to put links on the download page to the other repo if all the download files can be stored there as well. *outside the source directory so that the source can be downloaded as an archive.

some people are avoiding sourceforge because of their questionable practices in the past few years. they've been bought out a few times and apparently some projects have had malware/adware wrappers added at some point.

euphoria could use more promotion but there are bigger problems than how it is distributed.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu