Re: Iup Testsetup Win32

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
_tom said...

The idea is that from a database I can sort, separate widgets from constants, and save on redundant typing, make searching easier, ...

The database could even be merged with the IUP souce-code in the traditional Eudoc-Creole fashion.

Good idea. I had considered this approach when trying to re-wrap wxWidgets.

_tom said...

I'm cutting references to Lua, C, and LED. I'm adding examples.

_tom said...

This all needs lots of cleanup so I haven't uploaded this to the IUP repo yet.

All in due time, of course. But the sooner you start using the repo, the sooner you can track your changes.

_tom said...

I don't know if Doxygen is worthwhile. I'd like to stick to Euphoria tools right now.

I wasn't planning to use Doxygen directly. I was just going to harvest the existing documentation from the source code, which is already in Doxygen format.

_tom said...

IUP needs some sensible defaults.

For example:

I discovered that IupOpen( argc, argv ) simplifies to IupOpen(NULL). Now, when IupOpen() works, I will edit all of the working examples. (Lots of typing ahead.)

Providing default parameters is currently a function of the wrapper and that process is pretty ugly right now.

What we really need then, is a smarter wrapping utility that can update the database when things have been added/removed/updated.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu